My entire working girl life has been cursed with a 6-day work week. With that being said, I treasure Sundays more than anything. Sundays are technically my only free days, and although I wish I could just spend it sleeping in like before, I now have a little girl who won’t allow me to do so (not that I’m complaining). So anyway, here are reasons why I think Sundays are the best!
1. NO WORK! Although at times I still receive work messages during my rest days, I have an excuse to ignore all of it and worry about it all on Monday.
2. I get to dress extra comfortably. Although at work I’m not necessarily required to be in corporate attire (I can actually wear shorts and sneakers!), I love how I can let loose during Sundays. Also, on a Sunday when I don’t have to leave the house, I can be bra-less all day! YOU GIRLS KNOW HOW AMAZING THAT FEELS RIGHT?!
3. I can do my laundry. It’s my favorite household chore! When I was a stay-at-home mom, I’d do the laundry twice or thrice a week. But now that I’m a working girl again, I only have Sunday to do my laundry (hence around 3-4 loads a week!).
4. I get to spend time with my family. My husband and I share the same rest day, so we get to spend a whole lot more time together on Sundays. Also, my father’s side of the family looooooves going out, so we’d normally spend Sunday afternoons-evenings with my aunts and cousins.
5. I have 24 hours to chill. Although I may have some down times at work, I can spend Sundays blogging, reading blogs, watching YouTube videos, waste my time on the internet and whatnot, and not think of what to report to my boss at the end of the day.
6. And most of all, I get to spend 24++ hours straight with my little girl. 🙂 Sundays are also when the rest of my family can rest since when I’m at work, they’re the ones taking care of Star! Sundays are special because I get to play with Star non-stop, watch cartoons with her, feed her, bathe her, and pretty much be a supermom to her.
How bout you? What’s your favorite day of the week and why? I’d love to know!