Long time no beauty blogging! Hope this will be the start of the return of my blogging mojo. I got some new stuff recently! First impressions/mini-reviews below:
- The Body Shop Tea Tree Flawless BB Cream – this was quite an impulse buy on the day I ran out of foundation. I wanted to purchase the NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint but I was tight on budget so I tried searching for a great everyday base. This came up in my search results, and so far, I think I made a good decision on this purchase! Got this for P795 and contains 40ml of product. I use the shade 01 and if I’m not mistaken, this only comes in two shades. 01 runs a bit light on me upon application but blends really well with a flat top brush (or any base brush/sponge you would use, naturally). It has light-medium coverage and stays on my face for about 4 hours. Pretty good for everyday use, methinks! Still eyeing on that Velvet Matte Skin Tint though…
- The Body Shop Vitamin E Aqua Boost Sorbet – I really wanted to love this. I like the cooling sensation upon application, the texture, the scent, and pretty much everything, BUT WHY MUST I BREAK OUT?! I wore it for one week straight and actually started breaking out after the first night. I gave it a chance because I really wanted to love it. I still use it until today, but very minimally, until I get to purchase a replacement moisturizer.
- Blushing Beauty Facial Mist – this one is in chamomile and I’ve been using it every morning after cleansing. It does the job of refreshing/cooling, but I’ve yet to attest to its moisturizing and brightening claims.
- Dove Whipped Cream Mousse – mousse is a short curly haired girl’s best friend. At least that’s what I think. Every time I get a haircut above my shoulders, mousse becomes part of my daily routine. I was debating in my mind whether to get this one or the White Rain mousse (which was about 100 bucks cheaper), but eventually decided on this one instead because 1) I’ve already tried White Rain and 2) my hair seems to love Dove hair products. Anyway, I LOVE this mousse. No crunch in the hair, gives me very soft but weighed down curls, and not sticky whatsoever! Definitely worth the extra 100 pesos.
- Fashion21 Two-Way Cake Foundation – I received 4 variants of this, unfortunately my little Star went for the other one hence the reason it’s missing in the photos. The black compact is the regular one, the white compact has milk extracts, the peach compact has papaya extracts, and the green compact (not in photo) has tea tree extracts. When I think of two-way cake I think of thick foundation, but reading the box these compacts came with, this one is basically just a powder to top off your liquid base. You may wear it alone, too, if you wish, but it only has light coverage.
Each variant comes in 4 shades each and I noticed that the shades turn out quite different depending on which variant you have. I have the shade 2 (shades are 1-4, 1 being the lightest and 4 the darkest) and I find that the original one is pretty color-matched to my skin tone, the papaya one is a bit darker, the milk one a bit lighter, and the tea tree one a bit more pink.
Tbh I haven’t tried this yet as a foundation (with a wet sponge and all) so I’m gonna have to get back to you on that. But I love this, especially the classic variant, as a pressed powder. Check out Fashion21’s Facebook page for more details and products!
I have lots of empties recently too, so I’m hoping I could actually create a post about that! *fingers crossed*